PayPal is one of the best digital inventions of all time. It is a multi-purpose financial service available online through which you can do almost anything- make and receive payments and even add your credit and debit cards to easily manage your accounts. This e-wallet is one of a kind. The best part is that you can use it to shop online and even take part in betting sites by using your PayPal account.
Nowadays, the majority of the betting sites accept bets money via PayPal instead of just credit or debit cards. Hence, it is one of the easiest ways to manage your transactions through your e-wallet while taking part in your favorite betting hobbies. Mostly people like to bet on Sports and luckily, most of the sporting sites accept PayPal.
There are also different options to fund an account at PayPal. An online instant check may be drawn directly from a bank account. Big transactions can be rendered through bank wires. European bettors may also use a credit or debit card including the MasterCard PayPal Options. Players in the UK recently may not be able to use a credit or debit card at a restricted poker or casino site to finance an account.
Top Paypal betting sites
- Betdaq is safe and responsible environment for gambling
- Betdaq is now 0% commission on everything except Football
- Bet exchange is available
- Trading tools is featured
- There are only 22 sports for you to bet at Betdaq
- Ideal for Premier League lovers
- Great for football
- Fast & easy on the eye website
- Many website languages
- UK players are not accepted
- Recognizable brand across the globe
- Most currencies and payment methods are available.
- Withdrawals is free of charge
- Mobile application looks smart and easy to use
- The live chat does not responding and very irresponsible
- Maltese MGA license - so you can complaint at the MGA if there are problems
- Serious online casino! Fastest withdrawal. Verification needed for bigger withdrawals but it is very fast
- Odd boost available
- It's simply the best, lots of games and crazy good welcome bonus!
- Their promotions are becoming less and less good.
- They are a safe and sure bookmaker which is licensed and regulated by the UK gambling commission under lisence no. 000-045143-r-323955-001
- Hundreds of pre-match and in-play markets with multiple bet types on more sports than ever before
- Their promos and rewards - and they aren’t just a bonus spin
- Receiving a good rating on other trusted website like Trustpilot, roughly 4/5
- Easy to use but the App from Apples App Store and the webpage frequently freezes up on the betslip.
- Wide range of sport selection which is hard to find anywhere else
- A good sportsbook which offers most sports markets
- Excellent VIP program
- Rewards point to play makes sense
- Realatively slow website. The left button on the left is not working.
- In regards to handicaps, they have multiple different handicap options players have a market on.
- Live chat is fast, polite and reliable. You might be helped by virtual agent. However you can request live chat with agent.
- No greyhound racing
- A safe and secure
- 0% Commission Offer For Premium Oddsmonkey Customers (13th June 2019 to 31st March 2020)
- Smarkets do not build a margin into their odds, unlike other bookmakers
- Our Standard rate of commission is 2% on your net winnings for any given market - which is relatively low in the industry
- Using a betting exchange can at first appear a little complicated
- They offer a wide range of pre-match, up to 250.000 events yearly
- They offer bet builder which allow players to combine more than 2 bets
- Live streaming is smooth and easy to navigate with HD live streaming feature
- The sportsbook offers a good number of outright bets
- Sometimes long verification upon withdrawal
- They are aged and well - established sportsbook with 30 years of experience
- There are 40 sports in total including many major markets
- Free of charge withdrawals
- Quality customer service
- Not so quick withdrawal processing time
How to get your account on PayPal?
- You can set up an account using either the PayPal webpage or the application. You can download the application from the app store at your device for free. For both the website and the application the account setup method is basically the same.
- Click on the "Sign Up for Free" or “Sign Up" option. This will start the account creation process.
- Insert your email address and have a password developed. Ensure that you are using a strong password so no one else can view your financial data.
- Fill in your personal details in the form. You also require your legal name, address and telephone number to register. To establish your profile all of this data is required.
- Use your credit or debit card. You will be asked to enter your credit or debit card after signing in your personal details. You may access this now or afterwards but you will need to verify your PayPal account at a certain point.
- Enter the information regarding your bank account. When you expect to receive money, and want to be able to transfer it to your savings, you will need a related bank account. If you don't want to do that you don't have to do this now. Just click "I'll link my bank later" to skip it. You will be asked to indicate you would like to miss the operation.
- Request for credit with PayPal. PayPal will ask you to sign up with a credit line before you're brought to the Details tab of your account. It is optional and you can thoroughly read all of the words before applying. Press "No thanks" if you choose not to request for a credit.
Pros and Cons of using PayPal in the UK
There are many drawbacks of betting via PayPal, most importantly the universal coverage that many UK bookmakers receive with PayPal. The payment service is also totally free to use for online betting, anytime you deposit or withdraw funds back to your accounts you won't need to pay a penny in charges. PayPal is such a convenient solution; the program is commonly used internationally, and you can even transfer money to a reasonable rate between currencies. PayPal is an enormously successful business and has evolved to control this sector. Currently the e-wallet company does not provide any rewards benefits or cashback compensation program for intensive use of the service. That would be one of the only disadvantages and it's difficult to find anything unique because the company is so bulletproof with an unprecedented adoption rate that has dwarfed almost most the competition.
Bookmakers offer universal coverage in the UK – hence the widespread availability.
The type of payment is embraced by many common and reputable bookmakers.
A highly quick, simple, easy and convenient process
Available almost all over the world, at least in the major countries.
No need to pay any fees as making withdrawals and deposits is completely free of cost.
Extremely safe, secure and trustworthy services
PayPal has a remarkable mobile phone application – very easy to use.
A very active notification service where you receive instant notifications regarding any activity
A strong security protocol which can automatically freeze your account in case anybody tries to tamper with it.
Deposits and withdrawals can both be made – this is a very handy feature compared to so many other money transfer services out there which only offer deposits mostly!
Customer service at the business is also very efficient. Make sure you only call the customer service department during office hours only. You can also send an email to their support center, other than that. The usual response to this is prompt.
It provides instant cash transfers.
They do not offer any loyalty rewards or cashback reward schemes even though it is such a widely used service.
PayPal acts as a middleman and requires you to wait for transactions to process through.
You have to wait for your winnings to be cleared before you receive the money into your PayPal wallet.
They will charge you some fees when you make your withdrawals when you are betting with PayPal. Your bank charges some of the fees, and PayPal can charge others.
Although not quite a scam, both transfers are per se reported while betting with PayPal. This ensures that your betting activities can be investigated by the local financial authority in your state which can be a negative thing for some people.
Best PayPal bookmakers with and free of charge and instant deposit
While PayPal only began collaborating with online sports betting sites a few years earlier, the payment system is now embraced by many leading betting sites. United Kingdom is one of the world's most strictly regulated markets, and the home of the UKGC, the most influential administrative body. British punters with all well-known wallets will enjoy a great selection of depositing and withdrawal methods.
Another great factor worth mentioning is that the deposit speeds via PayPal are incredibly rapid and the process of withdrawing your winnings is also extremely quick and convenient.
Best PayPal Betting Sites UK:
bet365 Paypal – min deposit £10, min withdrawal £10, zero fees
William Hill Paypal – min deposit £5, min withdrawal £5
Betfair Paypal – min deposit £1, min withdrawal £1
Paddy Power Paypal – min deposit £1, min withdrawal £1
Betfred Paypal – min deposit £5, min withdrawal £5
BoyleSports Paypal – min deposit £5, min withdrawal £5
Best PayPal withdrawal bookmakers with charges and speed
There are some noteworthy bookmakers who accept Paypal efficiently. Betway, NetBet, Grosvenor, Coral, and Unibet have kept their minimum deposit limit at £10 and minimum withdrawal at £10 as well, with the exception of Coral, whose minimum withdrawal is at £5. 888Sport has the highest minimum deposit amount of £20 and a withdrawal amount of £15. BetVictor and Mr. Green have placed their minimum deposit limits at £5 which is even more convenient for people who want to bet more carefully. However, Mr. Green’s minimum withdrawal limit is at a whooping £30, so be sure to win if you plan to withdraw anything easily.
One very crucial note to mention here is that all the bookmakers named above do not charge any fees at all for making your betting withdrawals. This is a highly appreciated advantage and can definitely save you a lot of money.Once the betting site clears your winnings, you will instantly get a notification from PayPal on receiving the money in your PayPal wallet and within 2 hours, you can pull out your funds from your bank account.
How does PayPal Work for Online Betting?
PayPal is among the most common methods for online betting platforms to deposit and withdraw from. The simplest way to deposit by PayPal is by an existing balance to a bookmaker, casino, or poker room. This can be obtained at an auction site such as eBay through a connection from a relative or a transaction over the phone.
There are many other ways to fund an account at PayPal. An online instant verification may be drawn directly from a bank account. Big transactions can be rendered through bank wires. European bettors may also use a credit or debit card such as the Mastercard PayPal Options. Players in the US may not use a credit or debit card at a restricted poker or casino site to finance an account.
How does PayPal Compared to Other Alternatives?
PayPal once was one of the world's most innovative pieces of technology. There was not that much traction in alternatives to PayPal at the moment. Not only did it encourage you to submit and receive money easily from friends and family, it also meant that the money was far cheaper than many of the other choices you could choose from. When eBay appeared, that came in massive, because that sellers and buyers were worried over potential fraud.
PayPal also has some great applications for invoicing, ecommerce, payment processing, and monitoring, helping you to receive money for goods and services without any issues.
What are PayPal charges?
Charges vary by region. There are no installation charges or cancelation penalties and volume discounts available for Transaction Payments (including transactions made using the REST APIs or PayPal App SDK). Please remember that when using PayPal as a method of payment, the customers will not be charged
Are there any hidden fees with PayPal transactions?
In the UK, a standard fee of 2.9% is charged for every deposit you make using your credit or debit card. If the payments are made into international accounts, there is an extra fee. Also, currency changes have a small fee attached to them too. Besides these, there are no extra or hidden charges.
Can we use others card (Visa/MasterCard) to verify PayPal?
Yes. PayPal is not checking the name on the card. You can use the card of anybody, the card of any bank to validate your PayPal account, as far as you receive 4-digit code in the transaction and have it checked with PayPal.
Are there any other easier methods to receive cash with PayPal?
Sure. Presently PayPal supports receiving cash through PayPal.me which is very quick even, you can create your own account at: https:/www.paypal.me/
Do you lose your account if it is hacked, your password is lost, your primary email is changed and your credit card is removed?
Unable to lose a PayPal account. When you experience above problems and are unable to grant access to PayPal then you just need to email or call PayPal support to seek account protection (contact support PayPal already has very tight security so there's no need to stress about that.
How do you get paid via PayPal?
For the PayPal standard you'll get billed on the PayPal payment page once the user has finished the payment process. For PayPal Pro, when the user wants to pay by credit card in the system, you will be billed immediately. You will be billed for PayPal checkout as long as the consumer has pre-approved the payment in the form before sending it. You will be billed for PayPal Invoicing once the consumer submits the application, collects the invoice and pay it forward.
In terms of having the swiftest, peaceful and secure experience, PayPal takes the definite win. With the numerous benefits that PayPal offers over other e-wallets, it does not make sense to opt for other financial transferring services when you are getting all that you need in just one. Even though there is a small waiting period before you can access your funds as PayPal acts as an intermediary, yet there are more advantages than disadvantages of using this service.
All the transactions use SSL encryption and this maintains high confidentiality and safety. The speed of using PayPal is extremely fast and your transactions hardly take a few quick minutes. Moreover, the process of making a transaction is completely straightforward.
While betting on these sites, bookmakers do not charge any extra fees on transactions made by PayPal and there is a minimal fee while transferring money from your credit or debit card to your PayPal e-wallet. The best part is that most bookmakers welcomingly accept PayPal to make everyone’s life easier. Adding to that, you do not even have to switch services to withdraw your winnings as PayPal is great for both making deposits and withdrawals. Hence, PayPal is definitely the smarter choice for betting sites in 2020.