Founded in 2001, Skrill is an e-wallet system that allows online payments in multiple currencies with a reach that spans over 40 different currencies. Skrill, a UK-based brand is a part of the conglomerate that owns e-payments methods, Neteller and Paysafe card. With lightning speed withdrawal rates, Skrill is a leading e-payment solutions provider.
Skrill is platform dynamic. Mobile and web apps are available across Android and IOS platforms, offering customers a convenient and secure way to make payments and receive funds from other Skrill users. Furthermore, ease of transaction is paramount to Skrill, which is why users pay for goods or services just by entering your email and password, rather than having to input potentially sensitive information such as credit card details.
Skrill’s high-security level and ease of use have positioned it as a leading e-payment solution provider within the sports betting industry and most online bookmakers now allow customers to fund their bet accounts through Skrill. Although alternatively known as Moneybookers by several bookies, due to its ease of use and lack of compromise security-wise, Skrill is best e-payment platform for emerging and prominent bookmakers
Since 2001, Skrill has been in existence although it was
initially operated by Moneybookers. Launched eighteen years ago, Moneybookers has established itself as a payment solutions provider with a reach that spans over fifteen million accounts. Moneybookers later re-branded into what is known today as Skrill
With operation in well over 200 countries and integrations in multiple banking platforms, Skrill is now one of the largest payment solutions providers in the world. Despite winning the award for the best payment providers and operators for two years consecutively, Skrill is unrelenting in its pursuit of placing the customer and providing ease of transacting to customers which is why more features are being added constantly, and Skrill is not only an official partner with eBay but it also functions as a payment alternative for PayPal.
Named as the fastest-growing company in the UK theFebruary 2010 by the Deloitte Buyout Track 100 League table and with a clientele that spans over 100,000 companies actively using their services, Skrill is a heavyweight in the payment industry. Among sports betting
companies, Bet365 was the first site to add Skrill as a payment gateway.
Bookies that offer a Skrill first deposit bonus
Over the last decade, bettors have been known for bonus-hunting across sports betting platforms. Due to this and a few other reasons, Skrill was revoked as a payment option that accesses signup offers and promotions. Although sports betting companies still accept Skrill for deposits and withdrawals, bettors are not often awarded with a first deposit bonus when using Skrill on certain platforms.
Under the Anti Money Laundering Policies of each country & territory, the bookmaker obliges you to follow the same withdrawal method as your last deposit. Subsequently, bettors are however advised to not make
deposits with other payment platforms and process withdrawals via Skrill. Should your bookie refuse you a first deposit bonus while using Skrill, here are a few alternatives;
- Use a different payment: To claim the first deposit bonus, bettors can use their credit/debit card for the first deposit and subsequently use Skrill for further transactions/
- Choose a bookie that accepts Skrill: Bettors are advised to bet with bookies that accept Skrill for sign-up bonuses.
Bookies with fast Skrill withdrawals
Sports betting is a billion-dollar industry, and like many industries, you have to invest before you can make a profit of any sort. With sports betting, the investment comes in the form of funding your bet account. Skrill makes the process of funding your account easy, part of Skrill’s charm is that it offers you an easy way to keep your betting funds separate from your regular money.
However, all payment methods come with their own advantages and disadvantages, and Skrill is no exception but the benefits of Skrill over other platforms is immense.
• It is widely accepted on a lot of UK sports betting platforms
• Its top-notch security provides a secure way of completing transactions
• Skrill processes withdrawals swiftly
• Certain deposits using the Skrill platform do not allow welcome bonuses
• Minimal deposit charge when depositing money into your account
Skrill & Online Betting
Skrill has become a reliable payment method for millions of bettors because deposits are processed within seconds, and although withdrawal fees do not apply, withdrawals take a while to be completed.
Additionally, Skrill’s high-security level and several years of financial expertise often prevent breaches and fraudulent transactions. Also, using a Skrill Mastercard would ensure withdrawals via ATM are processed immediately. Finally, due to Skrill’s fast speed in processing deposits, bettors can quickly place bets on high odds across several bookies.
How to create and verify your Skrill account
Registering on Skrill is easy. Follow the following steps
to create and verify your account:
- Visit Skrill and at the centre of the page, click on the “OPEN A FREE ACCOUNT” banner.
- Input your e-mail address after reading the terms and conditions. Technically, the provided e-mail will be used as your username. It is advisable to enter a back-up e-mail address for security purposes.
- Complete an optional identity verification process. Completing this would facilitate making or receiving payments above €2.500. The process can be concluded through the following steps.
- Send an ID photo. A scanned copy or a photo of the users' ID (both sides and all four corners visible). Either the users' passport or driver’s license would be permitted. For convenience purposes, concluding this step on the Skrill mobile app is best.
- Verify your address. A scanned copy or photo of an official notice of not more than three months - such as gas or electricity bill - that clearly highlights the users' name and address are necessary. Mobile phone bills are not allowed.
- Verify your bank account. A scanned copy or photo of your bank statement should be sent to [email protected] Alternatively, the manual bank upload option can be used on the users Moneybookers account. The former requires 1 to 2 working days to be verified, while the latter takes up 3 to 5 working days.
- Verify your credit/debit card. Click the Cards and Bank Accounts section after signing in to your account. Next to the card, you wish to verify, click Verify. A temporary deduction ranging from EUR 1.01 – 2.99 will occur on the card to be verified. Confirm this amount in your Skrill account after verifying the deduction through your bank/card statement. After successful completion of the verification, you will receive the debited amount. The process should take no longer than one working day. A card verification feature will be added to the Skrill mobile app soon.
- The advantages and disadvantages of using Skrill for deposits and withdrawals at betting site.
- Fast deposit processing rate.
- Widely accepted on trustworthy sports betting platforms.
- Skrill customers get exclusive promotions on several platforms.
- Skrill Mastercard processes instant withdrawals.
- Minimal withdrawal charge.
- Round- clock support. Should you need help at any time after going through the Frequently Asked Question tab, Skrill’s customer service team can be contacted by sending an e-mail to [email protected].
- Skrill processes payments at an alarmingly fast rate.
- With the VIP Programme, Skrill offers even lower surcharges to users, provides support round the clock and added benefits.
- Surcharge for transactions between Skrill accounts.
- Usage of Skrill Mastercard requires an annual €10 fee.
- Occasionally, bookies limit Skrill users maximum stakes due to arbitrage betting committed by users of e-wallet platforms.
Fees Associated With Skrill Deposits
Customers often agree that being able to access your money and process transactions by keeping money in a secure place is something worth a token. Skrill charges a withdrawal fee that is as low as 1%, or 0.50 euros, whichever is less. However, through the use of the Skrill VIP program, users that use their Skrill account frequently would pay lesser in withdrawal charges, and more often than not bookmakers swallow this charge.
Skrill withdrawal limits and fees.
Skrill withdrawal limits are bookie-dependent and can be broken down into withdrawal fees and withdrawal limits.
- Withdrawal limits: Certain sports betting platforms often set limits to the amount of money allowed to be withdrawn via Skrill from their platform at a time. These limits can be daily, weekly or monthly. Platforms with high limits are best advised for use.
- Withdrawal fees: Certain bookies apply often surcharges should withdrawals surpass a specific amount and more withdrawals need to be made. This surcharge applies per withdrawal initiated after the given limit has been exceeded.
Skrill gambling or non-gambling. What’s the difference?
Until recently, Skrill operated two different types of accounts and whenever a user signed up, the purpose of the account would have to be declared. Accidentally or not, if a user signed up for a non-gambling account during registration, access to sports betting platforms are denied. However, as of today, there are no such limitations.
Which countries are Skrill restricted in?
Unfortunately, certain country limitations apply to Skrill. Countries, where Skrill is not allowed, are Brazil, Afghanistan, Eritrea, Cuba, Kyrgyzstan Iran, Iraq, Libya, North Korea, North Sudan, South Sudan, Syria, USA, Canada, Israel, China, Malaysia, and Turkey. Residents and citizens of these countries have to bet online using other platforms
What currencies can I use when betting with Skrill?
Skrill’s wide reach allows it accepts over 35 different currencies for online payments – deposits and withdrawals. This wide acceptance also prevents the need for conversion fees for certain currencies. Below is the list of currencies accepted by Skrill :
Great Britain Pound
Hong Kong Dollar
New Zealand Dollar
Romanian New Leu
South African Rand
South Korean Won
Turkish New Lira
United States DollaCan I use the Skrill Prepaid Mastercard to make a deposit
on an online betting site?
Due to certain policies, Mastercard deposits via Skrill are prohibited. However, Skrill accounts can facilitate deposits but Skrill’s Mastercard is prohibited from doing so. It is noteworthy to mention that although this is prohibited, using certain bookmakers, this transaction might go through.