Maestro is owned by Mastercard Incorporated which is an American multinational financial services company. Maestro was launched by Mastercard in 1991, in partnership with Europay International. They are obtained from associate banks and are linked to the cardholder's current account, while prepaid cards do not require a bank account to operate.
These cards are issued by banks and linked to the holder’s bank account. Maestro also offers prepaid cards. Users swipe their cards through card readers at land-based point of sale outlets. Like other similar cards, all information is stored on the card’s chip or magnetic stripe.
Unlike other cards, manual entry of the card number is not permitted at land-based points-of-sale which means that if the electronic card reader cannot read the Maestro card then the transaction will be declined. Using Maestro for online payments is the same as with any other credit or debit card.
· Maestro is accepted by many international bookmakers.
· Maestro debit card payments can’t exceed the amount in your bank account.
· Maestro prepaid cards are of fixed value. This prevents users from overextending themselves.
· Transactions are secure
· Deposits are usually immediately credited to the customer’s betting account.
· Deposits and withdrawals with this provider are easy to do.
· Not all Maestro bookmakers allow the card to be used to make withdrawals.
· It’s not possible to make withdrawals back to a Maestro card
· Some users may face small transaction fees.
· It cannot be used in certain countries (including Brazil, China, Denmark, Greece, Iceland and Ireland)
· Unless you set yourself a limit via your user account, you’ll still be able to bleed yourself dry.
First of all, we have to assume that you have a Maestro card, money in your bank account, and you have found a great Maestro bookmaker that is offering a valuable deposit bonus.
1. Sign into your bookmaker.
2. Go to the “Banking” section and click on “Deposit”.
3. You will be asked for some basic information such as the deposit amount and promo code if necessary. Follow the instructions and select “Maestro” when you are asked for a payment method.
4. You will be asked to provide the card number and Secure Code among other things.
5. After a few more mouse clicks your transaction will be complete and your betting account should be instantly credited enabling you to start placing your wagers.
6. When the time come for you to cash in your winnings you will log into your bookmaker account and go to the banking section.
7. After clicking on “Withdraw” you will enter some information as you did when you made the deposit.
8. Select “Maestro” when asked to pick a payment method and follow the easy instructions until the process is complete.
9. Make sure to keep a printed record of all transactions.
· Maestro is one of the cheapest payment methods available. Bookmakers usually do not charge any fees for deposits, but a few may charge a small fee for withdrawals. This depends on the individual sportsbook.
· In many cases, Maestro deposits and withdrawals are free, but some Maestro users may incur a small fee for each transaction. Punters should check with their card provider for more information.
· As with any other payment method, users need to take a few basic precautions such as keeping their PINs and card information private.
A: The top 10 online bookmakers who accept Maestro deposits are as follows:
1. William Hill
4. Spin Sports
11. Q-2: How do I start using this payment service?
A: After linking your debit account with the Maestro casino for iPhone and Android users, you need to verify your account. When it is successfully validated, you can start using this option as a way to deposit money or withdraw funds.
A: It is free to open an account with this service. But you cannot get it directly from the company. Rather, you have to open a bank account from a financial institution in your area that distributes a debit card.
A: The majority of mobile casinos do not impose a fee when you deposit funds using this kind of debit card. However, your bank that issued the debit card may charge a fee.
Financial institutions do not charge any fees for obtaining the card. But they do impose fees when consumers use the card in different nations. To know the fees of your banks, you may consult with its customer support team.
A: Maestro debit card is issued by Mastercard, which is a well-known banking institution. In that case, you can be sure that your transaction with this service is safe and secure.
Then again, it will still depend on how secure the online betting resource you are dealing with. For that reason, you must only play and deposit money on legitimate online sites.
The minimum amount you can deposit using your debit card will depend on the mobile casino. It is ideal that you check its terms and conditions first.
The money you deposited via this payment method will be displayed instantly into your account.
This is not the only debit card option you have on mobile casinos. If your country does not allow you to deposit money via this option, you can opt for Visa, Visa Electron, e-wallets, like PayPal, Skrill and Neteller and several others.