Top NFL Betting Sites - Best Sportsbook Reviews 2023
If you're a fan of the NFL and enjoy the thrill of sports betting, NFL betting sites offer a fantastic opportunity to combine your passion for the game with the excitement of wagering. In this comprehensive guide, we'll explore everything you need to know about NFL betting sites, from how we rate them to the types of bets you can place, promotional offers, and essential tips for choosing the best NFL betting site.
Types of NFL Bets
When it comes to NFL betting, there is a diverse array of bet types to choose from. Understanding these bet types is essential for making informed wagers. Here, we provide detailed information on each type:
Moneyline bets are one of the simplest forms of NFL betting. When you place a moneyline bet, you're essentially picking which team you believe will win the game outright, regardless of the point spread. Each team is assigned odds that reflect their perceived chance of winning.
- If you bet on the favorite (the team with negative odds), you'll need to wager more to win less, as they are considered more likely to win.
- Betting on the underdog (the team with positive odds) offers the potential for a higher payout with a smaller wager, as they are seen as less likely to win.
For example, if the New England Patriots have odds of -150 and the Miami Dolphins have odds of +200, you'd need to bet $150 on the Patriots to win $100, but a $100 bet on the Dolphins would yield a $200 profit if they win.
Point Spread Bet
Point spread bets, often referred to as simply "the spread," aim to level the playing field between two teams of differing abilities. The sportsbook sets a specific number of points by which the favored team is expected to win. Bettors can choose to bet on either the favorite or the underdog:
- If you bet on the favorite, they must win by more than the point spread for your bet to be successful.
- Betting on the underdog means they can either win the game or lose by less than the point spread for your bet to win.
For example, if the point spread for a game between the Green Bay Packers and Chicago Bears is -7.5 for the Packers, they must win by eight or more points for Packers bettors to win. Conversely, Bears bettors win if Chicago either wins the game or loses by seven or fewer points.
Total bets, also known as over/under bets, focus on the combined total points scored by both teams in an NFL game. The sportsbook sets a predetermined total, and bettors can wager on whether the actual total points scored will be over or under that figure.
For instance, if the total for a game between the Kansas City Chiefs and the San Francisco 49ers is set at 48.5, you can bet on the "over" if you expect the teams to score 49 points or more, or the "under" if you anticipate a total score of 48 points or less.
Futures bets involve predicting the outcome of an event that will occur later in the NFL season, such as the Super Bowl winner, conference champions, or the MVP. These bets are typically made well in advance and offer the potential for substantial payouts if your prediction is correct.
Futures betting allows you to take a long-term view of the NFL season and add an extra layer of excitement to your football experience.
Prop bets (short for proposition bets) are wagers on specific events or outcomes within an NFL game that are not directly related to the final score. Prop bets can be based on individual player performances, team statistics, or even events unrelated to the game itself (e.g., the length of the national anthem at the Super Bowl).
Prop bets offer a wide range of creative and entertaining betting options, making them popular among casual and serious bettors alike.
Parlay bets are a way to combine multiple individual bets into a single wager. To win a parlay, all the individual bets within it must be successful. Parlays offer higher potential payouts than single bets, but they are also riskier since one losing bet can result in the entire parlay being lost.
NFL bettors often use parlays to combine moneyline, point spread, or total bets to increase their potential winnings.
Same-game parlays are a variation of parlays that allow bettors to combine multiple bets on different aspects of a single NFL game. This can include betting on the point spread, total points, player props, and more within the same contest. Same-game parlays offer an exciting way to add complexity and potentially higher payouts to your NFL wagers while keeping them tied to a single game.
NFL Betting Site Promotional Offers
NFL betting sites often roll out a variety of promotional offers to entice bettors and enhance the excitement of wagering on NFL games. Here's a closer look at some common types of promotional offers you might encounter:
Bet credits are a popular type of promotion offered by many online NFL betting sites. With bet credits, you receive a specific amount of bonus funds when you make a qualifying deposit and place a bet. These bonus funds can be used to place additional bets, allowing you to extend your NFL betting experience without risking more of your own money. However, keep in mind that any winnings from bet credits may have wagering requirements attached.
Deposit Match Bonuses
Deposit match bonuses are promotions where the sportsbook matches a percentage of your initial deposit, effectively giving you extra funds to bet with. For example, if a site offers a 100% deposit match up to $200, and you deposit $200, you'll receive an additional $200 in bonus funds. Like bet credits, deposit match bonuses often come with wagering requirements that must be met before you can withdraw your winnings.
No Deposit Bonuses
No deposit bonuses are a rare but exciting find. These bonuses provide you with free betting funds without requiring you to make a deposit. They are an excellent way to explore an NFL betting site risk-free. However, no-deposit bonuses may have stricter wagering requirements, and the bonus amount is usually smaller compared to deposit-based bonuses.
Parlay insurances are promotions designed to soften the blow of losing a parlay bet. With parlay insurance, if one leg of your parlay bet fails to hit, you'll receive a refund or bonus bet up to a certain amount. This promotion can be especially attractive for those who enjoy parlay bets, as it provides a safety net in case one selection doesn't go as planned.
For example, you create a parlay bet with four NFL games. If three of your selections win and one loses, the sportsbook refunds your initial stake or gives you a free bet as compensation.
Odds boosts are promotions that offer enhanced odds on specific NFL games or bets. These boosts can significantly increase your potential winnings. Sportsbooks may offer odds boosts on popular markets or as part of special promotions, making them a valuable tool for savvy bettors looking for better returns.
Contest offers add an extra layer of engagement to NFL betting. Some sportsbooks run contests where you can compete against other bettors to predict game outcomes, player performances, or other events. These contests often come with prizes, such as cash rewards or free bets. They're a fun way to test your NFL knowledge and compete for additional rewards.
It's important to carefully read the terms and conditions of each promotional offer, as they can vary between sportsbooks. Pay attention to any wagering requirements, expiration dates, and restrictions to ensure you get the most out of these promotions while betting on NFL games.
How To Choose the Best NFL Betting Sites
Choosing the right NFL betting site is essential for a safe, enjoyable, and potentially profitable betting experience. Here's a detailed guide on how to make an informed choice:
Step 1: Visit BetMentor
BetMentor is an excellent resource for finding the best NFL betting sites. It provides comprehensive reviews, expert assessments, and user feedback to help you narrow down your options. Here's how to get started:
- Go to BetMentor's website.
- Explore the American betting section, which typically includes a list of recommended sportsbooks.
- Take advantage of the filters and search options available on the site to refine your choices.
Step 2: Use Filters
BetMentor allows you to use various filters to customize your search based on your preferences and priorities. These filters can include:
- State Availability: If you're in a state with specific betting regulations, use the filter to find sportsbooks that operate legally in your area.
- Welcome Bonuses: Filter for sportsbooks offering generous welcome bonuses or promotions that match your betting style.
- Bet Types: If you have a particular type of NFL bet in mind (moneyline, point spread, props, etc.), select the relevant filter to see which sportsbooks offer the most comprehensive options.
- User Ratings: Consider the experiences of other bettors by filtering for user ratings and reviews. This can give you valuable insights into the reputation and performance of each sportsbook.
Step 3: Read Reviews
Once you've applied your filters, it's time to delve into the reviews and assessments provided by BetMentor. These reviews are conducted by experts who evaluate various aspects of each online NFL betting site, including:
- Security: Learn about the site's security measures to ensure your personal and financial information is protected.
- Betting Options: Discover the range of NFL bets available, including the variety of markets and bet types.
- Odds and Payouts: Evaluate the competitiveness of the odds offered by the sportsbook, as well as the potential payouts.
- User Experience: Consider the site's user interface, mobile compatibility, and ease of navigation.
- Customer Support: Learn about the responsiveness and helpfulness of the customer support team.
- Payment Methods: Find out which payment methods are accepted and the processing times for deposits and withdrawals.
- Promotions: Explore the bonuses, promotions, and loyalty programs offered to maximize your betting value.
By following these steps and leveraging BetMentor's resources, you can confidently choose the best NFL betting site that suits your needs and enhances your NFL betting experience.
How to Bet on the NFL Betting Sites
Betting on NFL games can be an exciting and potentially profitable endeavor. Whether you're a seasoned bettor or new to the world of sports wagering, understanding how to place NFL bets is essential. Here's a more detailed guide on how to bet on the NFL:
1. Sign Up and Verify Your Account
- Begin by visiting your chosen NFL betting site. If you haven't already registered, you'll need to sign up for an account.
- Provide the required personal information, such as your name, email address, date of birth, and sometimes your Social Security number, to verify your identity.
- Follow the site's verification process, which may involve uploading identification documents. This step is necessary to comply with legal regulations and ensure a secure betting environment.
2. Deposit Funds
Once your account is verified, it's time to fund it. NFL betting sites typically offer various deposit options, including credit/debit cards, e-wallets (like PayPal, Skrill, Neteller), bank transfers, and even cryptocurrency in some cases.
Choose your preferred payment method and enter the necessary information to deposit funds into your betting account. Some sportsbooks also offer welcome bonuses that match your initial deposit.
3. Browse NFL Betting Markets
Navigate to the NFL section of the sportsbook. You'll find a wide range of betting markets, including moneyline bets, point spreads, totals, props, parlays, and more.
Each betting market represents a different way to wager on NFL games, so take your time exploring the options and familiarizing yourself with the available bets.
4. Select Your Desired Bet Type
Once you've chosen a betting market, select the specific type of bet you want to place. For example, if you're interested in a point spread bet, you'll need to pick a game and decide whether to bet on the favorite (minus points) or the underdog (plus points).
For moneyline bets, choose the team you believe will win outright. Be aware that odds will vary based on the teams' perceived strengths.
5. Choose the Game(s) to Bet On
In the NFL section, you'll see a list of upcoming games. Pick the game(s) you want to bet on. You can choose single-game bets or create parlays by selecting multiple games and bet types.
6. Enter Your Stake and Confirm Your Bet
Enter the amount of money you want to wager (your stake) in the bet slip. The bet slip will display the potential payout based on your stake and the odds.
Review your selections and stake amount carefully before confirming your bet. Once you confirm, your wager is placed, and the funds are deducted from your account.
7. Follow the Game and Await the Outcome
Once your bet is placed, you can follow the game and track the progress of your wagers through the sportsbook's live updates and statistics.
If your bet wins, the winnings will be credited to your account. You can then choose to withdraw your winnings or use them for future bets.
Remember that responsible betting is crucial. Set a budget, stick to it, and avoid chasing losses. NFL betting should be enjoyable, and with the right strategies and knowledge, it can also be profitable.
1. Are These Online NFL Betting Sites Safe?
Yes, the NFL betting sites we recommend prioritize security. They use encryption technology to protect your personal and financial information and are licensed and regulated by relevant authorities.
2. What States Can You Not Bet Online?
Online sports betting regulations vary by state. Some states have legalized online sports betting, while others have not. It's essential to check the specific laws in your state to determine if online NFL betting is allowed.
3. Can You Legally Bet on NFL Online?
The legality of online NFL betting depends on your location. In states where online sports betting is legal, you can legally bet on NFL games through licensed and regulated sportsbooks.
4. Why Do NFL Odds Vary at NFL Online Betting Sites?
NFL odds can vary between betting sites due to differences in oddsmakers' opinions, betting patterns, and promotional offers. It's advisable to compare odds across multiple sportsbooks to find the best value.
5. What Should I Consider When Betting on NFL Games?
Consider factors like team performance, player injuries, weather conditions, and historical matchups when betting on NFL games. Additionally, manage your bankroll wisely and avoid chasing losses.
6. What Payment Methods Are Accepted at Legal NFL Betting Sites?
Legal NFL betting sites typically accept a variety of payment methods, including credit/debit cards, e-wallets, bank transfers, and even cryptocurrency in some cases. Check with the specific sportsbook for available options.